Sunday, May 9, 2010

Time to find a hobby

One of the many lessons I've learned in med school is that you really need to make time for yourself and forget about school for a little while. Not that I really have a lot of extra time on my hands, but I want to find some way to creatively spend my "free" time. I haven't had a hobby in a long time, so I've decided to give sewing a try. My wonderful mother-in-law has offered her spare sewing machine for my use, and I attempted to make some fleece soakers (diaper covers) for Peyton. Keep in mind this is my very first attempt at using a sewing machine, so I have a lot to learn....but I think they turned out cute!

This is the first one I made:


the second:

the third:

I screwed up on the first one, but it's really not too bad. I can't wait to find some "recycled" wool sweaters because they look really cute with this pattern. Unfortunately, that project will have to wait until summer break....which is only 3 weeks away! I found the pattern online; it's called Katrina's Sew Quick Soaker, and it was free. I used fabric remants from Joann's that were marked down an additional 50% off, so I spent $7ish on the fleece and still have a bunch left.

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding?! These look AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Just don't look at them up close. I had fun, though.

    ReplyDelete