Friday, May 7, 2010

Cloth Diapers

For those who don't already know, over the last few weeks we have switched Peyton to cloth diapers. No, I'm not growing out my body hair or giving up deodorant...but I am saving some cash and the world, one diaper at a time! Cloth diapers nowadays aren't what they used to be. They're actually really cute and good for baby's delicate skin.

It's been an adventure to say the least, and I think I may finally have Jason on board. If it wasn't for the pocket diapers I don't think he would be too into it. I like experimenting with the prefolds and trying out different "folds", but maybe I'm just a weirdo. I've even been thinking about trying to make a few pocket-style diapers to add to the "stash" (over summer break, of course)! It's kind of my new obsession. So far my stash consists of 5 Fuzzibunz pocket diapers, 3 Bumgenius pocket diapers, 1 Flip hybrid, and about 15 prefolds with a few covers. I usually wash diapers every other day, and it takes all of 10 minutes out of my day to throw them in the wash, then into the dryer, then put them away. If you know anyone interested, my mom can now order the Fuzzibunz diapers as well as a super awesome detergent I've been using called Crunchy Clean (they make both diaper and regular formulas).

What about the poop?! That's the big question everyone asks. I actually got a cool little sprayer that takes care of that, so no worries. It sounds gross, but it's really not that bad at all. Did I mention how cute they are?!?!?




Peyton is sporting her Fuzzibunz and her Grammie's watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment